Sunday, April 26, 2015

Product Review: Campbell's Moroccan Style Chicken with Chickpeas

As you know from my Moroccan Chicken with Lemon and Olives test, I love Moroccan-inspired recipes.  I cannot wait to visit Morocco someday!  I was excited when my mom found this product--Campbell's Moroccan Style Chicken with Chickpeas.  It's a soup in a convenient pouch.  You tear the top to vent the pouch, microwave it, and pour into a bowl to serve.  It would be difficult to eat it from the bag.  Even if you open it all the way, you hand will brush the sides and get dirty.

The scent of the soup was reminiscent of the exotic Moroccan spices I enjoy.  The consistency was a slightly thick soup.  The pureed butternut squash gave it more substance than a broth-based soup.  The taste was oddly sweet, much like a pureed carrot soup.  I wanted more chickpeas and less sweetness.

The bottom line: would I eat it again?  Maybe.  It's better than the microwaveable bowls of beef vegetable soup made by Campbell's.  That may be the grossest canned soup available.  I'd pair it with a very savory bread though--like garlic naan--to cut the sweet.

Campbell's Moroccan Style Chicken with Chickpeas.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stacey -
    I'm working with a start-up for food bloggers in Indiana called Tabelog (www.tabelog.us). They're a subsidiary of the largest company in Japan Tabelog.com (similar to Yelp here in the US).
    We’re bringing their annual restaurant awards to the US that are judged solely by a panel of local food bloggers (all online). The winning restaurants get a framed 2015 award and the food bloggers get an 'official judge' icons/etc. and related PR for their blog. We’re looking for bloggers from the Indiana area to invite as an official judge. Is this something that you would be interested in? My email is awards@tabelog.us.

    Thanks in advance!
    Brock

    ReplyDelete